There are six types of validation controls available in ASP.NET to complete both client side validation and server side validations. One by one explained as follows,
1. CompareValidator: To compare two types of text boxes.
2. CustomValidator:To do a custom validation on a text box.
3. RangeValidator: To restrict the range of a text box.
4. RegularExpressionValidator: To do a validation by using Regular Expression on a text box.
5. RequireFieldValidator: It restricts every text box to enter some value in it.
6. ValidationSummary:To show all error message in one point.